December 6, 2007

(45) Seeing Dots
6 x 8, oil
private collection

Gee, am I a glutton for punishment or what?...A glass ornament with dots in the foreground and in the distance, with light bouncing into the shadow, AND circular lines of color thrown in for good measure. What was I thinking? Oh, who am I kidding... I loved every single minute of it, but, the real question is, does it read as glass? I can no longer tell--I'm seeing dots.
"Don't wait for inspiration. It comes when one is working"...Henri Matisse

5 comments:

Teaworthy said...

I love it. Better than glass. Better than a photograph. It's incredible.

FCP said...

Thanks so much--I just had to try it.
Faye

Frank Gardner said...

You picked a tough one Faye, but I do think it looks like glass. I think just a few of the dots on the back side could be a little smaller than they are since they are slightly further away. Then it would read even better. Good job on the little ball too!
Like the Henri quote too.

FCP said...

Good point about making distant dots smaller--thanks Frank.
Faye

{The Christian's} said...

This has to be one of my favorites (although I love them all)!! It looks so real. Great job!!