December 22, 2007

(61) Be the Light
9 x 12, oil
private collection
I have received requests to share commissions and larger paintings on the blog, so I thought the holidays would be the perfect opportunity to take a break from painting, and do just that. This is a piece I painted for a friend who is a high-school English teacher. Like the characters in the books she loves, she is dedicated to making the world a better place.
My hat is off to all teachers who inspire their students by their commitment to excellence each day.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...Ghandi

1 comment:

Kell & Nick said...

Hi Faye,
I am Karyn's sister! I love your paintings! They are so pretty! I especially love the Holiday Bulb ones! They are so great!!!!!
Are any of those for sale?
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Kelly