May 3, 2008

(158) Tetrad # 1
This combination is yellow-orange, red-orange, blue-violet and blue-green, two sets of complements, called a tetrad. I love the rich, clean teals and peachy colors from these combinations.

In honor of our 134th Kentucky Derby today, I am including a few favorite quotes from Laura Hillenbrand's Seabiscuit:

(jockey George Woolf): That's a pretty small horse you got there, Sahim.
(Seabiscuit's jockey Red Pollard): Two bucks says he looks a lot smaller in a second.

(jockey Red Pollard): Morning.
(trainer Tom Smith): What's all this?[motions towards pile of boxes Red is sitting on]
Red Pollard: It's beer! From an admiring public, pretty good too, more in there[points toward Seabiscuit's stall]
Tom Smith: [looks in stall] Where's the horse?
Red Pollard: [amused smile] Signing autographs.


2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I am bumming about Eight Belles. I can't watch horse racing without my heart in my mouth because of the Ruffian incindent. Fortunately, I was not able to watch as we were driving home from Florida. I was spared the gut wrenching finish.
I loved Seabiscuit. A great story.

FCP said...

Yes, what happened to Eight Belles is tragic on so many levels.