November 29, 2007

(39) Race car
6 x 8, oil
This is another of the wooden cars my dad carved, and another attempt at value organization. And speaking of values, check out my new friend Frank Gardner's blog. Frank is an accomplished artist living in Mexico, who graciously offers insight and tips on painting and will be featured in the Winter issue of Workshop Magazine (on sale Dec. 11th)! I look forward to hearing what he has to say about painting light and shadow.
"For those who know how to read, I have painted my autobiography"...Picasso

2 comments:

Frank Gardner said...

Wow Faye! Thanks for the plug.
Hope the article can live up to that.
I like the light value one. I think that you did a good job on both of these last ones. I can understand the light source in this one a little better than the Choo Choo.
I didn't have a chance to paint today. I will try and paint and post that low key one tomorrow.

FCP said...

Thanks, Frank!
Faye