July 3, 2012

WHS Freedom Fest Celebration


I am honored to participate in this year's Woodford Humane Society Freedom Fest Celebration, a fundraising event benefitting animal adoption and care. Hosting the art exhibit is The Headley-Whitney Museum where donated artwork is currently on display through July 15th, and may be viewed online here


After July 15th, the artwork will be moved to Darley's Gainsborough Farm for auction on July 21st. Other delightful events of that weekend include a breakfast with speaker, a tasting luncheon, horse farm tours, live music, dinner and dancing where the talents of culinary artisans, interior and garden designers will be featured. Additional items up for auction include premium seats for UK basketball, Keeneland Race Track, Churchill Downs, and lots more! Details for all the events can be found here. Hope you will join us!


"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like;
 and I'm sure he understands.
When he looks at me so attentively,
 and gently licks my hands;
then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes,
 but I never say naught there at.
For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes,
 but never a friend like that."
W. Dayton Wedgefarth

No comments: