December 5, 2010

all you need is love...

I have been happily engaged in Christmas commissions only to look up and realize that it is suddenly December. Well, I can't show what is on the easel (don't want to spoil any surprises), but I do want to take a moment to share a couple of new discoveries that are on my list of favorite things.

First, Dreama Tolle Perry has issued the book above on blurb: "Let There Be Love"
in which she is both the author and illustrator!
What I LOVE most about this book is that she explains how her paintings begin with written words of focus and intention penned right onto the canvas. Once the painting is complete, some of her beautiful words can be found incorporated into the shapes and colors while others remain hidden underneath which makes for a very powerful connection to her subject, the viewer and her heart. I LOVE that.

And my favorite children's book ever is by Nancy Tillman called "Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You". Like Dreama, Nancy is both the illustrator and the author. Wait, let me restate that...They Write As Beautifully And As Powerfully As They Paint--nothing short of astonishing! While I love all Nancy's books, this one carries its own special magic that is both timely and timeless, heart-warming and healing. In an interview once, Nancy's response to the question "What is the best gift you ever received?" was "a ladybug that my husband gave me". The moment I read that, I knew she was my new best friend. I haven't broken the news to her yet, but I assure you that is but a minor detail...And while I have never met either of these author/artists, their work reminds me of something Dr. Wayne Dyer often talks about: why we can only get orange juice from an orange (there is nothing else inside). And, he points out, if humans only have Love Inside, that is the only reaction we can ever offer to the circumstances and challenges that surround our days. So it follows that books like these happen only when the writer/illustrator is powerfully connected and aligned with the beauty and wonder of all those seemingly "insignificant ladybugs" out there.

Nancy and Dreama's books open up our eyes and hearts to what we already know, but perhaps were too busy to remember or notice. So wherever You are, my wish for you is that the love "hidden" in every moment will be revealed to you in the shapes and colors of This Day, and you will feel the ~swirl~ of~magic~and~wonder~all~around~you ~

"I wanted you more than you will ever know,
so I sent love to follow wherever you go...
you are my angel, my darling, my star...
and my love will follow you wherever you are"
...Nancy Tillman

3 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Nice way to begin my day with your sweet post. I will definitely look at Dreama and Nancy's books. Hugs

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Wow Faye--Leslie Saeta sent me the link to your blog post about Let There Be Love...
And I am both humbled and happy that you have shared my book in such a fashion. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am a reader of Wayne Dyer as well, and to even be mentioned in the same article---well--makes it even more special!
Hugs to You!
Dreama

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I didn't have a chance to comment on your blog post when I first saw it but have to tell you what wonderful authors you've picked here. I love the children's book ... what a gift Nancy and Dreama have. Thanks for sharing.