August 15, 2008

I'm working on a larger painting (large for me, it is a 12x16) that I will post Monday when it is finished. In the meantime, I am behind accepting the awards below from fellow bloggers: From New York, photographer and pal Paz: (aw shucks, thanks Paz!)

And from Mississippi, my artist friend Lorrie, This is the Arte Y Pico award ("art and a little more") I am honored, thanks so much.
Upon receiving these awards, I am required to do all sorts of things, cross t's, dot i's, color between the lines, yikes, please forgive me, but if you want to read about all the "rules" please see Lorrie's blog in the above link. However, the purpose of the award is to recognize and pass along favorite sites as an inspiration to others. Now THAT I can do. Check these out:
The Little Lined Notebook...This is Sara's blog, an artist, writer, all around old soul in a young package, and did I mention she lives in ITALY? I love this one.
Colin Page ...one of my favorite young artists...he just recently held a painting workshop on a 115' schooner off the coast of Maine; how cool is this guy?...
My Marrakesh ... unique and smart, Moroccan eye candy to start your day
Trust Your Style...art, fashion, design, oh my!
Penelope Dullaghan ... love her fresh, vibrant illustrations
Teaworthy ...one of my favorite writers; insightful, poignant, clever, fresh...
Footprints ...photography: crisp, clean, enchanting, inspirational
Ok, it was supposed to be 5 blogs, but 7 fits me better, and some are websites in addition to blogs ...again, those pesky rules are too constricting... Sammy says it best:

"Go ahead...write me up for 125, post my face, wanted dead or alive.
Take my license,and all that jive
...
I can't drive 55!
"...Sammy Hagar

4 comments:

Frank Gardner said...

Congratulations on the awards Faye. You sure deserve them.
I'm not one for pesky rules either.

FCP said...

Thanks, Frank.

Anonymous said...

My pleasure! Your blog really does make my day. Wonderful paintings, all.

Paz

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Faye, I love your rocker side ;)
and your lemons too!