April 22, 2009

earth day gratitude










I would like to acknowledge the receipt of a couple of blog-awards. The first from Becky Joy, a very inspirational "almost" daily painter from Arizona. "A Lemonade Award is given to bloggers who show a positive attitude and gratitude. It also exemplifies people who have a willingness to share their ideas, support and online friendship."
Thanks, Becky! Please check out her blog.

Also, Washington DC/Baltimore area artist Liz Holm, who inspires me both with her paintings and her big heart, has given me a "passion for painting"award. Check out her beautiful portraits, both human and doggy. "A Passion for Painting" is an award celebrating "bloggers who exhibit great attitude and/or gratitude."

Because the awards are similar in meaning, I am passing both along to the following recipients. Take a little "earth day world tour" with me as you visit these bloggers who inspire me:
Rob Ijema, from Wales love his brushstrokes and masterful use of color; his "diary of Wales" is just the most soothing and inspirational and meditative part of my day. I. am. there...
Carolyn Finnell, from Louisiana, a daily painter, working from "dawn to unconscious" inspires me with her work ethic, paintings, and humor
Terry Rafferty from New Mexico , love her compositions and ability to see the ordinary with a unique eye (check our her "things you can stack" painting, an exquisite study in subtle value shifts)
Kentucky artist Bill Guffey, a kind and generous artist who offers insight, information and humor along with his wonderful paintings
Vern Schwarz from Canada; his figure paintings are wonderful, and I love, love, love how he captures the heart and soul of the dogs he paints
California artist Edward Burton, check out his gorgeous mural; his spirit and enthusiasm for his work and life is contagious
R.Garriott from Colorado, an artist with a wonderful sense of humor; I enjoy his writing as much as his lovely work; he also offers advice about photoshop, roses, recipes; there just aren't enough hours in the day to learn all he has to share.
Theresa Rankin, an artist from Missouri who calls herself "just another daily painter" ...definitely not ordinary at all, check out her exquisite work and see for yourself
No pressure to participate, but if you choose to do so, here are the rules:
1. Post the logo on your blog
2. Nominate at least 7 blogs that show great gratitude and/or attitude
3. List and link your nominator in your post
4. List and link your nominees in your post, and let them know they're recipients
And, as we reflect on GRATITUDE for what the earth offers us today, I felt this quote says it best:

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.
Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us"...
Albert Schweitzer

8 comments:

Theresa Rankin said...

Hello Faye..(I love that name)...Thank you for the wonderful awards...I am so honored and surprised! I will make a note of getting these posted....!

Leslie Saeta said...

Congrats on your awards my dear! Very well deserved!

Edward Burton said...

What a way to start my day! Thank you very much, Faye, I really appreciate your thinking of me. Great choices for the other artists.

r garriott said...

Thnak you Faye! Happy Earth Day, too.

L.Holm said...

Wonderful list, Faye, and beautiful quote! You are an inspiration.

Terry said...

Faye, thanks for including me, and for introducing me to several new artists - I really enjoyed Teresa Rankin and Bill Guffey in particular. Its always a joy to get your work in my inbox!

Mary J DuVal said...

Faye, you are one of the artists that offer that spark of light that keeps me inspired.
However, thanks to you, :0) now I'm not going to get as much painting done today as I check out all the artists you listed...it's going to be fun looking at all that wonderful art!

Vern Schwarz said...

Faye, I was away for the last few days and was so surprised to learn that you had mentioned me in your blog along with some artists who I think are great. Thank you so much, I am humbled.