November 6, 2008

New Gallery Exhibit!

(266)
...Just taking a moment to put up my feet and catch up on some required reading while awaiting Friday evening's opening reception.
New paintings for November's show at Gallery 916 are finished, framed and hanging, so if you are in the neighborhood on Nov. 7th, between 5-7 p.m. (central), please drop by and say hello (that goes for you too, George!)
Joining me will be fellow painter, Rhonda Smith, and don't forget to stop by the All KY Juried Exhibition (same reception hours) located just down the street at the Capitol. Sounds like a great evening for art! (ballgown not required)
This post rates two favorite quotes:
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken"...Oscar Wilde
"The best advice I got from my aunt, the great singer Rosemary Clooney, and from my dad, who was a game show host and news anchor, was: don't wake up at seventy years old sighing over what you should have tried. Just do it, be willing to fail, and at least you gave it a shot. That's echoed for me all through the last few years"...George Clooney (me too, George)

9 comments:

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I love the photo, red dress,.. George Clooney (drool). He is one of the few leading men that I find really manly and attractive. Loved him in "Leatherheads".

Teaworthy said...

Love the photo! Congratulations on the amazing show!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love your photo! ;-)))

I think it's awesome that you and Rhonda have a show. ;-)

Paz

FCP said...

Paula, TAG, and Paz -
Aw shucks, thanks - glad you enjoyed the humor. I suspect those paint fumes may have finally gotten the best of me...
thanks for stopping by,
Faye

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

fabulous photo! how fun. i love george clooney, always hoped to meet him. when i was a young teen and working as a suite server (basically waitress for hotel rooms), i once spent 45 minutes in Rosemary Clooney's suite listening to her talk, rather loudly, on the phone. I had delivered hot tea to soothe her sore throat. LOL. Her husband requested I stay and talk. I told him I had to get back to work, he called down to my manager and said he wished me to stay and chat for a bit. We shared cookies and he asked me my dreams and aspirations. He was the sweetest old man. I never realized what I really wanted to do until that conversation. He was the first person to ever ask me. :) i never heard of GC then, of course he wasn't anyone back then.

congrats on your show!

FCP said...

Christine,
what a wonderful story! I love that her husband took the time to ask about your hopes and dreams, allowing you to discover those answers for yourself. How sweet - perhaps that is what Rosemary loved most about him. And you will always cherish that conversation - clearly you were meant to meet him giving credence to the saying "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear".
Thanks so much for sharing this - it is a grand reminder that we can never quite grasp the potential impact we have on others; and the incredible power of words, even in the most casual conversations.I suspect that Rosemary's encouragement was most influential on the career (and life) George has chosen. Or who knows, perhaps it was her husband who was the first to ask George what his aspirations were...
thanks again!
Faye

Marian Fortunati said...

Congrats... Hope you and "George" have a wonderful time...
I'm sure you'll see good friends .. It's a special time to be proud of where you've come on your journey!

Billy Guffey said...

Hi Faye,

It was wonderful meeting you last night. I've admired your work for some time, but it looks even better in person. My wife and I enjoyed being at the gallery more than the Capitol Arts event, although that might have been different if I had won something. ;)

All jokes aside though, it would be great to get together with a few folks from the area and paint sometime.

Bill

Diane said...

Congratulations on your show.... good luck to you