June 5, 2011

perpetual mornings

10 x 12, oil on canvas

"To those whom elastic and vigorous thoughts
keep pace with the sun,
the day is a perpetual morning"
Henry David Thoreau

Henry D. had me at hello. I fell madly in love with him during my 17th summer, and his timeless words still "blow my mind off" (as my favorite little muse would say).
How could I keep from falling for a guy who savored all that is magical and ethereal about summer mornings, nature, and life?
"Perpetual Mornings" that last all day? Oh, YES PLEASE! Sign me up. I'll take mine with a cup of tea, a fresh bouquet and an inspirational read. Cheers to the extra hours of daylight that have f-i-n-a-l-l-y arrived in time for new discoveries, new paths, new insights. And cheers to all the Henry D.'s who inspire us to keep pace with the sun.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I was pulled in when I first saw your title perpetual mornings! for those of us who treasure our mornings and know the magic of that quiet time, that really struck a chord for me! I'll have to look into Henry D's writing! Beautiful painting! It portrays the peacefulness of the morning so well!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Beautiful cheerful painting. Your colors are magical and I love the perspective. And.... the tea in the cup is perfection. Great job on this one Faye.

Kathy Cousart said...

Love the sweet painting and post. Being a morning person I especially appreciate the greeting of each day:) Lots of possibilities with each sunrise. Lovely!

Marian Fortunati said...

It seems like it's impossible for you to paint ANYTHING that isn't beautiful... Another winner, Faye!!

Craftsman of light said...

Faye,
Excellent cup of tea you serve, your daintly little table, flowers and colour laden with the loveliness of your heart.

Have a wonderful day!
col

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Fabulous job on the teacup! And I, too, would love perpetual morning... nice to be reminded of that..

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Fabulous job on the teacup! And I, too, would love perpetual morning... nice to be reminded of that..