October 20, 2008

(253) Promenade
12 x 16, oil
This week marks the one year anniversary of this blog. In September of 2007, I attended a Sante Fe workshop with daily painter Carol Marine, (her second workshop) and it was there that I was instructed on how to begin. Although I haven't finished a painting every single day since I began, I am pleased to say that I have painted on most days, so technically I guess that makes me an "almost" daily painter. So, what have I learned? Well, perhaps I will ponder that in the coming days, but in the meantime, I want to offer congrats to other participants from that workshop: Lorrie Drennen, Paula Cravens, Terry Rafferty, and Vicki Shuck, - friends from Mississippi, Canada, Arizona and Oregon who have continued to keep the same comittment to painting, and have encouraged and inspired me along the way. We represent a third of that class. Carol has taught many workshops since then. I wonder what percentage of her other workshops have begun blogs...anybody know?
"Flow is being completely involved in an activity for its own sake. The ego falls away. Time flies. Every action, movement, and thought follows inevitably from the previous one, like playing jazz"...Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

7 comments:

Teaworthy said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment and an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing this journey. I have enjoyed every post including this one!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Although I haven't followed you since the very beginning I will tell you that I have seen a lot of groth since I've met you (on-line) I certainly admire your stick to-a-tive-ness with painting daily, or almost daily. Your work is wonderful and I never tire of seeing it. I love how you have such a series of the majoriety of your work. Love it!

FCP said...

Thanks for your kind comments, TAG and Nancy. I feel very privileged to have the opportunity to do what I love.
Faye

Diane said...

Great work -- my friend works for a publisher of a polo calandar -- I will send it to her.

Frank Gardner said...

I love this new series of horses Faye. Real nice work.

FCP said...

Thanks for the kind words, Diane and Frank!
Faye

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Love the horses and your committment is evident.
I am taking Carol's workshop in Jacksonville, FL in March 2009. She's a dynamo!